IT Solution Technician Apprentice SFL MOBILE RADIO HOLDINGS LTD
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Solution Technician, based in the Wirral. This is an exciting opportunity for an IT apprentice to learn some new skills and develop their experience in the working world.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2021
4 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
SFL Mobile Radio Holdings are looking for an IT Solution Technician to join the Sure Business division of the SFL group. Working within a small team, this role is primarily required to perform the role of maintenance and support of internal and external networking solutions.
As a IT Solution Technician, you'll have responsibility for setting up and maintaining computer networks within an organisation or between organisations. You'll offer support to users, who can be staff, clients and customers, and troubleshoot any problems that arise.
Your aim is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for your users.
You may work internally as part of an organisation's IT support team, or externally at client’s premises.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Customer Support.
- Liaising with customers and rectifying problems.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining software and hardware components of computer systems.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Installation and commissioning of routers and networking hardware.
- Network setup and support.
- Setup and commissioning of broadband and other connectivity solutions.
- Administration of managed cloud solutions and services.
- Management and control of products, reporting to directors and other members of staff.
- Hands on installation and commissioning of networking infrastructures.
- Commissioning and managing cloud solutions.
- Setup and support of Radio IP solutions.
- Maintaining and updating technical documentation regularly.
Requirements and prospects
- Good Basic Computer Skills – Knowledge and use of Excel, Word and Emails
- Ability to communicate in a professional but friendly manner;
- A good attention to detail with a commitment to ensuring quality & quantity of output;
- Required to be flexible able to work in all areas on their own or part of a team.
- Commitment to promoting behaviours as set down in the SFL Employment Handbook.
Displays personal attributes, which include tenacity, resilience, a positive disposition, a “can-do” attitude, assertiveness & a high degree of determination to succeed.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
About the employer
SFL Mobile Radio Holdings Ltd is parent to a group of companies with multiple specialties across business communications and manufacturing. As a Motorola Solutions Platinum Partner, the supply of two-way radios remains a core activity of the group which is delivered through various channels including hire, account sales and ecommerce. Additional B2B communications services such as telecoms and internet connectivity are delivered through our networks division.
Proudly made in Britain, our manufacturing department design and manufacture specialist vehicle antennas for the Emergency Services which can be seen on police cars, fire engines and ambulances across the UK.
Finally, forming a vital link in our own manufacturing supply chain in addition to offering services to the public is our precision engineering department. With the capacity to fulfil single bespoke projects right up to mass orders, the client list ranges from individual’s right up to large multi-national companies.
SFL Mobile Radio Holdings are a progressive and growing group of companies, which has seen year on year growth in each of the last 5 years, whilst establishing a prominent position within all fields that it operates. The work place offers a dynamic, professional and friendly environment where those prepared to work hard and be a team player will thrive.
SFL MOBILE RADIO HOLDINGS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Lauren Fletcher 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.