Bricklaying Apprentice Bradford Watts
Assisting with general building works including labouring, groundworks and bricklaying.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2021
07 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Measuring work areas and setting out the first rows of bricks or blocks
- Mixing mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer
- Applying mortar with a trowel and laying bricks on top of each other
- Shaping and trimming bricks using hammers, chisels and power tools
- Checking that rows are straight using a spirit level and plumb line
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to listen and follow instructions
- Good practical skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A positive attitude
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A good attention to detail
Grades A-D (9-3) for maths and English GCSE are essential
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
Things to consider
Travel costs will be subsidised by the company.
Out of hours works may apply due to nature of the project.
Ideal candidates would be willing to learn to drive
About the employer
Bradford Watts Ltd offers a wide variety of high quality onsite consultation and construction services for commercial properties.
We have completed projects from £1000 to £4.5 million and with directors collectively having more than 150 years experience in the building industry.
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992 411572 email@example.com
Working towards completing level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship Standard
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.