Cover Supervisor Apprentice Scl Education & Training Ltd
Come to work at SCL, have fun, feel inspired and be inspiring! Every single person who works at SCL is making a difference in our local communities and having a huge impact on children and young people’s lives. This is a great opportunity to work within the FE sector whilst studying towards the Learning & Skills Teacher Level 5 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Oct 2021
24 Jun 2021
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)
Founded in 1999, SCL is the UK’s largest provider of education and skills training within the sports and active childcare sector working with grassroots Academies through to Premiership Football Clubs such as West Ham Foundation, Premiership Rugby and Elite Cricket Clubs, positively impacting the future prospects of children and young people.
When you join us, you will see that working for us is more than just a job - you will be part of a team who have built a highly successful, fast growing business.
Please note, as these are cover roles there is an element of travel involved. You will need to be able to drive to travel to different academies.
Main purpose of position
We offer a Sports and Business curriculum which prepares learners for a career in their chosen specialism. Your role, as you train to become a qualified teacher, is to share your real-life experiences and give them insight into the world of work.
You will work closely with Sports Clubs, Curriculum Managers and other qualified Teachers to develop your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours to enable you to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspire all learners to unlock their potential and achieve their ambition.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Plan, prepare and develop progressive lesson plans and teaching and learning resources considering additional needs of individuals
- Independently teach minimum 100 hours & comply with the SCL observation process
- Work towards achieving the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding
- Create individual SMART learning linked to Study Programmes and track and monitor performance
- Utilise ProSuite to record and monitor learner progress and achievement
- Managing the behaviour of students to ensure a constructive environment whilst undertaking learning/work
- Collecting any completed work and resources after the lesson and returning them to the appropriate teacher or subject leader
- Monitor and evaluate your own performance and complete CPD and attend events as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role
- To accompany students on trips, visits, and other educational activities
- Provide cover as and when necessary and carry out any general admin associated with the role and your development
- Keep up to date with knowledge of education standards
What SCL offers?
- A structured learning and development programme which will enable you to study towards and achieve a Level 5 Learning and Skills Teacher Apprenticeship Standard which includes a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Career development opportunities and support to make informed decisions about your future
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate about adding value to education whilst working within government guidelines
- An advocate for equality, diversity and inclusion
- Can work as part of a team or individually, demonstrating initiative
- Effective use of technology and accurate record keeping
- Foster and encourage positive, effective, nurturing and safe learning environments inspiring learners to take pride in and learn from their individual achievements
- Effective communicator with strong planning and organisational ability
- Ability to motivate learners
- Driving licence and access to own vehicle to be able to travel to different academies sometimes at short notice
- Level 3 in Sport/Business related qualification
- GCSE or Level 2 Functional Skills English and maths
- Or equivalents
- There is possibility of a full-time post upon completion of the apprenticeship although it is not guaranteed
Things to consider
- May suit a person who is passionate about education & teaching
About the employer
Founded in 1999 to provide professional sports coaching to school children in London and the South East, today SCL is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of education through sport.
Through its two core divisions - SCL Education & Training and SCL School Sport & Children's Activities - SCL offers a wide-range of engaging, forward-thinking, and successful programmes.
SCL EDUCATION & TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SCL EDUCATION & TRAINING LIMITED
Timea Vaczkan firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 5 Learning and Skills Teacher
Full apprenticeship training will be provided by SCL Education & Training.
Learning and skills teacher
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.