Carpentry Apprentice J & L BUILD LIMITED
To observe and assist experienced carpenters within the workshop/on site with tasks such as collecting materials/tools, working with wood and clearing the work space at the end of each day. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 09 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 34.00
Possible start date
23 Aug 2021
28 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Will need to be willing to collect materials, tools and clear up at the end of each day
- Work would involve cutting wood, drilling nailing and sticking timber to masonry
- Assist experienced tradesman constructing joists, roof trusses, fitting staircases doors and skirting boards etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Good practical skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A positive attitude
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A good attention to detail
Grades A-D (9-3) or equivalent for maths and English GCSE are essential.
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
About the employer
J & L Build Limited are a professional property development company with more than 20 years’ experience in all sectors of the construction industry. Based in Potters Bar we undertake contracts in North London, Hertfordshire and Essex. In addition to our own developments we also undertake high specification bespoke projects for clients. We have many years of experience in project management, and can provide an excellent level of service and assistance from the point of land acquisition, design input through the planning stages and ultimately to completion and handover. We work to time and within budget. We acknowledge that challenges and issues inevitably arise which have to be overcome and we have the flexibility and experience to work with Clients to achieve a successful outcome.
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992 411572 email@example.com
- Working towards completing Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.