Accounting Apprentice 1ST LINE DEFENCE LIMITED
This role is an entry level position and would be ideal for someone starting their career, full training will be given in all job responsibilities.
Closing date: 10 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
24 Aug 2021
16 Jun 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Raising and sending sales invoices to clients (email/hardcopy)
- Producing and sending clients statements Credit control
- Ensuring all sales invoices have been received into the correct hands and approvals are being processed to ensure invoices are paid on time
- Once approvals are gained, obtaining payment dates in writing from our clients
- Chasing sales invoices that have gone beyond our payment terms by telephone and email and updating Sage with a clear audit trail of the communication between us and the client
- Sending warning letters to any seriously overdue accounts
- Escalating problematic overdue accounts to your direct line manager
- Saving timesheets from the payroll email inbox
- Ensuring all timesheets required for that week have been received and doing initial compliance checks
- Chasing fuel receipts from of staff to support mileage and fuel VAT claim. General · Creating customer and supplier accounts within Sage and maintaining accurate records
- Ensuring the accounts email inbox is kept organised and all emails promptly actioned
- Copying/filing/answering the telephone etc
- Other Ad-hoc duties/administrative tasks
There will also be scope to assist finance with other areas of sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll and other general tasks.
Requirements and prospects
- Good skill and understanding of Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Proactive working style.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently, in a busy environment where re-prioritization may be required.
- Willingness to work on wider initiatives outside of Finance to drive improvements
- Prior experience using Sage Accounts advantageous
- Prior finance experience is preferable but not essential
- The ability to communicate effectively with all departments.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Keen team player, providing support during colleague absences to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Excellent telephone manner, demonstrates a high level of professionalism when dealing with clients.
- Ability to quickly forge relationships internally and externally.
- Ambition to work within an Accounts environment now and in the future.
Grades A-C (9-4) in Maths and English GCSE is essential
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
About the employer
1st Line Defence is one of the leading unexploded ordnance (UXO) risk mitigation companies in UK.
We are dedicated to delivering solutions to deal with aerial-delivered unexploded bombs (UXBs) from both WWI and WWII, as well as UXO related to historical land use by the military. Our services range from early-stage desktop risk assessments through to UXO support to construction projects, site investigation and offshore works. We are passionate about providing services with a friendly, open and ethical approach.
With headquarters in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, we operate across the UK and undertake projects overseas.
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992 411572 email@example.com
Working towards completing the level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.