Business Administration Apprentice NEW RIVER HEALTH
To support patients, other organisations and the department with administration duties. To deliver a professional, timely, efficient and friendly service to our patients, staff and stake holders both internal and external.
Closing date: 10 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Aug 2021
20 May 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To maintain all patient records and documentation. Scanning hospital letters and dealing with incoming letters and other data
- To deal with patients in person, on telephone and electronic media to process prescription and referral queries, test results and other medical record info
- To maintain online patient records accurately
- To provide support and assist where possible in answering and resolving day to day queries, including opening the post, answering the telephone and responding to emails
- Throughout the apprenticeship, to acquire exceptional customer service skills, seeking advice from the wider team where in doubt and gain confidence in resolving queries to a satisfactory conclusion referring them up the line
- To comply at all times with the letter and spirit of the Surgery’s Confidentiality policy, Health, Safety & Environmental Policy, Equality & Diversity Policy and other policies as set out in the staff handbook
- Carry out such other duties as are reasonably requested by the jobholder’s line manager from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- Teamwork - Actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams’ effectiveness through personal commitment
- Planning, Organising & Executing - Be able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales
- Customer Awareness - Responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction
- Communication - Communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances
- Adaptability - Responsive and open to changing circumstances whilst continually aiming to deliver a high standard of work
Grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent in maths and English is essential.
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
Things to consider
New River Health is based across two sites:
St Marys Courtyard, Church Street, Ware. Herts SG12 9EF
42 Castle Street, Hertford, Herts SG14 1HH
The applicant should be able to work at both sites as required. Both have good public transport links.
About the employer
New River Health is a merger between two long established GP surgeries. One in Hertford, the other in Ware. The total registered population is approximately 20,000 patients.
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992 411572 email@example.com
Working towards completing level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.