Production Chef Apprentice Patrick McHale
This is a versatile role, so you will get involved in a few different areas. Ideal for someone for their first role, wanting to get involved in something early on and wanting to get some well-rounded skills in a food business You show us you are hungry to do well. In return, we will help you learn and get some real meaning from your work.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
04 Feb 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main elements of the role include:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure we're sticking to compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Adapting and producing dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Involved in food innovation/product development (we do a lot of this!)
- Use catering kitchen equipment and learn to use kitchen tools and equipment correctly
- Communicate internally and externally with customers, colleagues, suppliers etc.
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness, organisation and smooth running of the work area
- Be diligent in safe and hygienic working practices
- Involved with our marketing campaigns
- Any other ad-hoc tasks
Requirements and prospects
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate strong organisational and team working skills. They will be able to demonstrate a good level of spoken and written literacy
- Be ambitious and keen to develop their individual capability and career development as the business grows
- Must be a fast learner.
- There's a lot of practical skills to learn, which we'll help you with. Useful when you pick it up quickly
- An excellent attitude and committed to getting the job done properly
- Able to take orders and follow instructions diligently
- Can work to their own initiative
- Team player
- Can prioritise
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Potential permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
This is a versatile role, so you will get involved in a few different areas. Ideal for someone for their first role, wanting to get involved in something early on and wanting to get some well-rounded skills in a food business.
You show us you are hungry to do well. In return, we will help you learn and get some real meaning from your work.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Production Chef Standard Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills if required
- End point assessment as part of the programme
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.