Apprentice Hairdresser F X Hair Design
We are looking for exceptional apprentice hairdressers. You will train one day a week at our state of the art Training Academy & Salon in Loughton where you will experience the highest quality technical training in a brand new salon environment.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
03 Dec 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
The job role within the hairdressing salons will be as a apprentice hairdresser and you will be expected to:
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in shampooing and conditioning, cutting hair, tinting hair, styling hair, setting and dressing hair and reception duties. Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon in Loughton or in your workplace.
LHAA will provide a personal apprenticeship mentor to support you through the programme both at the Academy and at your place of work.
For further information and to arrange an interview visit www.lhaa.co.uk or contact us by completing an application form online www.lhaa.co.uk or contact LHAA on 0208 953 9344
Requirements and prospects
- Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative
- Brilliant communication skills
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship
- Well presented
- Enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as apprentice -stylists, others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to different areas in hairdressing.
Hairdressing skills are also required in the theatre, film, TV and magazine work.
Things to consider
You need to be passionate about the industry.
- Terms & Conditions are as per the contract of employment to be agreed with employer. A minimum of 30 hours a week, days are to be agreed with employer.
- In the event that there are excessive numbers of applicants, candidates who can demonstrate a high level of interest or experience will be preferred and will be shortlisted against the criteria.
About the employer
Here at F X Hair Design we have a very welcoming and relaxing salon and aim to give our customers the best service possible.
F X Hair Design
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
Lucy Limerick 0208 953 9344 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hair Professional
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing skills to develop your competence in hairdressing. You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including Functional Skills in maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real hairdressers and real products.
Apprenticeships are a framework made up of many elements.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.