To meet the needs of babies, toddlers and pre-school children. Manage behaviour in a way which promotes their welfare and development while being responsible and safety conscious at all times. Be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the children and the setting.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
11 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Ensuring the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Demonstrate a genuine care for children.
- Be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the children and the setting.
- Working as part of a team.
- Be responsible and saftey conscious at all times.
- Be keen to acquire knowledge and understanding of babies, toddlers and pre-school children.
- Act in a professional and welcoming manner with children and their parents.
The training you will be getting
Working towards completing Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard. The apprentice will achieve NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner on completion.
Work based learning with adhoc workshops at Hertford Regional college.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-D (9-3)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
The Apprenticeship Team
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.