Proposals Engineer Business Administrator Apprentice AERZEN MACHINES LTD
You will work closely with our experienced professionals to gain practical skills and knowledge in areas such as customer relations. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to kickstart their career in business administration. You will produce budget, firm quotations and tender submission working as part of the capital delivery team. Duties will include; Provide technical support to all external sales staff within the defined areas, as well as contractual and after sales staff as required, as part of a team. Potentially make customer and specifier visits throughout the agreed sales area as required (expect 2-3 year) Size and select using approved procedures blowers and compressors to suit customer requirements
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 35.5
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
15 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Aerzen Machines Ltd. are an engineering company based in Loughton, Essex, IG10 3SL and the position that we currently have open would involve the following essential duties:
- Provide technical support to all external sales staff within the defined areas, as well as contractual and after sales staff as required, as part of a team.
- Potentially make customer and specifier visits throughout the agreed sales area as required (expect 2-3 year)
- Size and select using approved procedures blowers and compressors to suit customer requirements.
- Price selected machines using approved procedures
- Work as part of the overall sales team to ensure success, ensuring correctly costed and sized proposals are produced to suit customer's specific requirements
- Work with the company Navision EDP and Salesforce CRM system to size, price, select, quote and record activities as per the company procedures
- Man exhibitions throughout the UK as agreed with the Capital Delivery Manager (expect 1 per year)
- Ensure that all new orders are quickly and correctly booked into the company's records and that they are handed over to the contracts department with full and detailed information available regards price, cost, margin, dates, specification, contractual, conditions etc.
- Receiving enquiries from customers for rotary lobe blower equipment
- Discussing the customers' requirements via e-mail & telephone to ensure application is understood correctly before quoting
- Sizing equipment for the application and quoting
- Speaking to the customer throughout the quotation/ revision/ revalidation process until order placement
- Upon order placement handing the project over to contracts for processing
- Tasks will also involve speaking to the German works to ensure product knowledge is kept up to date
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard:
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Day release to attend college at Havering (RM11 2LL) or Hackney (N1 6HQ)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship
- Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 and above (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW CITY COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.