Do you have a passion for cars and want to kick start an automotive career? Then this is the perfect role for you! As a Vehicle Damage Panel Technician, you will work within the Repair workshop to remove and replace body panels. The vehicles you will be working on are cars and light commercial.
Closing date: 26 May 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
27 May 2024
05 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled team that is committed to quality. You will train to become a qualified Vehicle Damage Panel Technician; the successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects. You will work independently and as part of a team following a defined process, using the skills to correctly identify the different body panel types and have the ability to use the correct repair tools to carry out the work to the highest possible standard.
You will receive training and support throughout your qualification the successful candidate will learn to remove, repair and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently, using a variety of body repair panel tools, equipment and devices.
Duties to include:
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage.
- Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
- Removing damaged panels
- Refitting new/repaired panels
- Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
- Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken.
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
The training you will be getting
The apprentice will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if a GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent has not already been achieved)
Training is delivered in the workplace and via 6 one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy.
The apprentice will be assigned a mentor in the workplace and at college who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through an electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.