Work as part of a team to assist with planning, act as a keyworker and safeguard all children. We are an early year’s setting based on the grounds of Morgans School. The playgroup opening hours are term time only 8.35am - 3.10pm Monday - Friday.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2023
Salary based on £9.50 per hour over a 19.55 working week, term time only.
Total hours per week: 19.55
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
25 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To assist with Planning
- To help set up the room in the morning and for the afternoon
- Always contribute to keeping all equipment safe and clean
- Act as a keyworker to a group of children, liaising with parents / carers
- To advise the playgroup leader / DSL of any safeguarding concerns
- Work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Attend staff meetings
- To demonstrate a commitment to working in an anti-discriminatory way to ensure equal opportunity
- To demonstrate a commitment to promoting equality and recognising diversity
- To attend training courses as required
- To safeguard and to keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or staff which is required as part of the job
- Have an understanding and keep up to date with EYFS
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Playgroup leader, in accordance with the Playgroup’s aims and objectives
- To follow staff rota
The training you will be getting
Working towards completing Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship standard and Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid.
Work based learning with ad hoc workshops at Hertford Regional College.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C (9-4)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
The Apprenticeship Team
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.