This is a fantastic opportunity to join the small friendly team as an apprentice fabricator/welder, you will gain experience in all elements of the fabrication process working on our bespoke trailers, completing work to an extremely high standard.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 39.5
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
01 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The apprentice will form part of the build team responsible for the complete production of our range of trailers
- This includes assembling chassis's from a kit form using the correct tools
- Measuring, cutting and forming aluminium panels using a combination of hand and machine tools
- Marking, drilling and fixing aluminium panels using a variety of methods including screws, nuts and bolts, adhesives and different methods of riveting
- Reading cutting lists and technical drawings, marking, cutting and joining both stainless and aluminium framework using both MIG and TIG welding to form the frame of the trailer and the framework for counters and internal fit-outs
- All of the work carried out follows strict rules and guidelines to comply with our European type approval
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge)
- Ofqual regulated
- Apprentices without Level 1 (or equivalent) in English and maths must ensure that apprentices achieve Level 1 and take the test for Level 2 prior to taking the end-point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3 and British Sign Language qualification are an alternative to English qualifications for whom this is their primary language
- Apprentice will be required to attend Dudley College, Advance 2 Campus, DY1 4AD once a week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of permanent employment within the company upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DUDLEY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.