Level 3 Apprentice Teaching Assistant at Tividale Community Primary School in Oldbury Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
An exciting opportunity has arisen to start in September 2023. To provide provide classroom and pastoral support, to pupils at Tividale Community Primary school, whilst working towards a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
Closing date: 12 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 3.30pm
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
7 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans, Risk Assessments, Personal Care and Therapy Care programmes
- Assisting in the integration of children with special needs into the mainstream
- Offering language support to individuals/groups where English is not the first language
- Facilitating the pupil’s development and skills in the use of resources including IT
- Planning and organising activities for children and supporting teachers in the completion of assessments and other pupil records
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by teachers
- Setting challenging and demanding expectations and promoting self-esteem and independence
- Attending training and working alongside internal and external professionals such as psychologists and therapists
- Tracking the progress of pupils using available data. Monitoring the impact of interventions, sharing this with the Inclusion Co-ordinator and other professionals
- Supporting individual/group work across the curriculum to raise levels of achievement
- Delivering pre-planned programmes of work and support delivery of interventions
- Liaising with teachers and other staff to obtain, exchange and record information on pupils in accordance with school policy
- Attending staff meetings and appropriate training sessions as required
- Assisting in the development and preparation of curriculum materials
- Other general duties and tasks that may be reasonably requested by the Head Teacher
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
At the end you will gain a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification.
This will include any Functional Skills as appropriate.
The apprenticeship training will be delivered in the workplace, as you will receive visits from a college assessor.
The apprenticeship will also include a proportion of 20% off The Job Training and a robust programme of Apprentice Training provided by Sandwell Council and SIPS Education to include Workplace Professionalism, Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship is a fixed term 21 month contract. However the skills, knowledge and experience gained in this apprenticeship will allow you to gain future opportunities in the sector.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C / 4 or above) Essential
Other Literacy Functional Skills (Grade Level 2) Essential
Other Numeracy Functional Skills (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
Dudley Road West
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.