IT Solutions Technician Apprentice KNIGHT KAVANAGH AND PAGE LIMITED
KKP have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join our successful team providing front line IT and GIS support. Assisting with general hardware issues: cabling, cataloguing, and labelling new equipment, printers etc., Supporting IT problem solving including…
Closing date: 08 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Working week Monday to Friday. Hours to be discussed.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
24 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting with general hardware issues: cabling, cataloguing, and labelling new equipment, printers etc.
- Supporting IT problem solving including…
- Initial diagnostics and first-line support for PC, PC peripheral and other hardware ‘not working’ user reports
- Initial diagnostics and first-line support for software (MS Word, Excel) ‘not working’ user reports
- Where issues cannot be resolved locally, raising support tickets with KKP’s external IT support for hardware / software issues and following these through to resolution.
- Setup and maintenance of Excel databases using in-house templates (training provided)
- Setup of online surveys using in-house templates
- Survey analysis
- Producing maps using our GIS (Geographic Information System) (training provided)
- Maintaining/updating data from source (eg Census)
- Basic hardware maintenance tasks: including, but not limited to, cleaning PC’s, moving PC’s around the building and configuring / re-configuring them ready for use.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentice will be with the employer Four Days per Week and One Day at Bolton College.
IT Solutions Technician Apprenticeship ST0505 Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of the apprenticeship the successful candidate may have the opportunity to gain full time employment within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9 - 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade Grade 9 - 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
KNIGHT KAVANAGH AND PAGE LIMITED
1-2 FRECHEVILLE COURT
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.