Junior Administrator Apprentice 1ST LINE DEFENCE LTD
The Junior administrator will be responsible for supporting the finance team with fulfilling departmental and companywide objectives. The primary role will be to carry out a range of administrative duties related to the smooth running of operational invoicing, assisting with payroll timesheet checks and purchase ledger invoices.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
25 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Sending sales invoices and credit notes to clients
- Ensuring sales invoices have been received into the correct hands, obtaining invoice approvals to assist credit controller
- Producing and sending client account statements
- Assisting with credit control to ascertain stage of approval and progress with our invoices
- Collating credit card receipts and checking them off against the statements
- Adding customer and supplier accounts within Sage and maintaining accurate records
- Collation of documentation and updating of systems to support mileage and fuel VAT claim
- Weekly sending of field operatives timesheets updating payroll records area
- Saving timesheets from the payroll email inbox
- Ensuring all timesheets required for that week have been received and carrying out initial compliance checks
- Chasing fuel receipts from employees to support mileage and fuel VAT claim
- Ensuring the accounts email inbox is kept organised and all emails promptly actioned
- Copying/filing/answering the telephone etc.
- Provide support on team projects, in order to assist with business organisation, continuity and improving processes
- Other Ad-hoc duties/administrative tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working towards completing level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. Attendance at Hertford Regional College for ad hoc workshops
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C (9-4)) Essential
About the employer
1ST LINE DEFENCE LTD
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
The Apprenticeship Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.