Adult Care Worker apprentice GREEN-HAVEN SUPPORT LTD
Green-Haven Support are offering an exciting opportunity to join their friendly, family run team as an Apprentice Adult Care Worker. You will gain an insight into the industry while developing new skills that include providing support to people with care needs, providing personal care and the carrying out of domestic tasks.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Hourly rate will be the National Minimum Wage for apprentices of £5.28
There is a weekly rota for all staff, the majority of hours will become fixed and regular in time. Times are based on client need. You would generally finish before 5pm usually around 15:30. There could be some weekend and evening work. Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
19 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will be trained to perform duties to include:
- Providing support to people with care needs including emotional support
- Providing personal care/prompting
- Carrying out domestic tasks
This will include:
- Assisting with personal hygiene, prompting the person with care needs to have a bath or shower, to go to the toilet or to care for their skin or hair
- Assisting/prompting with dressing/undressing, choice of clothes and personal appearance
- Supporting the person with care needs with their medication
- Assisting with mobility including use of wheelchairs, hoists etc.
- Assisting with therapeutic programmes designed by a medical professional
- Providing emotional support, companionship and a safe environment for those in need of supervision and help
- Carrying out basic first aid and summon emergency services
- Reporting any concerns about abuse or the welfare or safety of any adult or child there is contact with at work to a registered manager/nominated person
- Undertaking specialised tasks as agreed and after appropriate training, for example: toenail care with someone with diabetes
- Supporting the person with care needs with activities outside their home, for example, community activities, shopping or attending medical appointments
- Providing support with organised group activities for people with care needs
- Preparing meals and drinks and providing assistance with eating and drinking
- Providing help clean the home for example: washing up, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry
- Completing/updating and following all client care plans, personal risk assessments and lone working forms with risk assessments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship standard.
Level 2 Diploma in Care.
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an Assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor.
You will be required to attend either online learning or St Austell College on a one day a week basis as part of your apprenticeship training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To continue to gain more qualifications in this area such as the Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
GREEN-HAVEN SUPPORT LTD
2 TRENWITH ROAD
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.