Apprentice Electrical Engineering Operative with Integral Electrical Services Ltd Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
This business manufactures temporary power equipment - primarily for the events sector (entertainment, festivals etc.). In 2022 they provided equipment for The Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, countless music festivals, and The World Cup in Qatar. They also supported the NHS in their roll-out of Nightingale Hospitals and COVID Vaccination Centres. You will be working with skilled panel wiremen - effectively as a ‘mate’ to fully understand the complexities of the processes and product.
Closing date: 02 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday, between 8am and 5pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
6 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your day to day duties will include, and you will receive training in the following:
- To gain the knowledge to fully understand work flows, and the works order process.
- Goods in - check and put away
- Inventory - stock locations etc
- Demand planning and its impact on production lead times etc.
- Working with skilled panel wiremen - effectively as a ‘mate’ to fully understand the complexities of the processes and product.
- To understand components, sub-assemblies and related processes, and their functions.
- To work with, and be guided by, existing secondary production colleagues to understand and acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to prepare consumables and sub-assemblies
- To gather together the bill of materials and deliver to the production point ready for assembly at the right time
- To acquire engineering skills that support specific customer requirements, or meet technical challenges that arise as a regular part of our business
- To understand the product testing process and its rationale
- To work with despatch to ensure finished goods are available by the due date to meet customer requirements.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Diploma in engineering operations (skills) level 2
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge)
In addition to your Engineering Operative qualification you will receive training on the job from experienced colleagues. You will also attend college to undertake training in engineering theory and assessments. It is likely that the college training will take place in person at Sandwell College, usually on a weekly basis.
You will be given time during working hours to complete any assignments or work towards your qualification, and college attendance is also part of your paid working week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be opportunities for further employment with the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship training
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
Units 40/41 Kelvin Way Trading Estate
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.