Prosthetic Technician Apprenticeship OTTO BOCK HEALTHCARE PLC
Working as a Prosthetic Technician (manufacture, adjustment, and repair of prostheses) within our Wirral clinic, offers the chance to improve the lives and mobility of individuals who have undergone amputation. You will develop hands-on skills in precision and quality manufacturing.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2023
5-day working week: Monday to Thursday 0800 – 1630 (30-minute lunch break) Friday 0800 – 1530 (30-minute lunch break)
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
09 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- All aspects of the manufacturing of prosthetic limbs using hand tools and workshop machinery
- Working with a range of materials (including carbon fibre, plaster, resins, foams, and plastics)
- Finishing projects to a high standard and quality
- Liaising with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the best possible outcome for patients
- Problem-solving in cases where complex solutions are required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Prosthetic & Orthotic Technician - Level 3
- Average 1 day of study per week. Primarily remote learning from Derby University
- 39 hours working week, including study time, over 5 day working week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Strong possibility of full time employment with the company as experienced Prosthetic Technician
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
OTTO BOCK HEALTHCARE PLC
Ottobock Healthcare PLC
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Clatterbridge Hospital, Clatterbridge Road,
UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
Prosthetic and orthotic technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.