Engineering Technician Apprentice TECHNI LTD
We are expanding and would like to support future talent by training them to be part of our growing business. If you have a passion for engineering, a can-do attitude and proactively use your initiative then we look forward to hearing from you. We look after all of our employees with a range of benefits, events and wellbeing days.
Closing date: 07 Aug 2023
£5.30 in their first year £6.30 in their second year N.B. Apprentices aged 19 or older - you will be paid £5.30 per hour and then after 12 months, your wage will increase to national minimum wage for your age.
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm (half an hour unpaid lunch) on work place days 9am - 4pm on College days Timetabling for College days will be confirmed prior to starting at College.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
03 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The installation, service and repair of Vehicle Mounted Air Compressor
systems and Commercial Vehicle Conversions.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Installation of engine mounted and stand alone air compressor systems
- Installation of electrical ancillaries and components
- Service and repair of mobile air compressor systems, ancillaries and components
- Carry out off-site service and repairs at customers premises all over the UK (occasional overnight stop out required)
- Assist in the test fitting and development of new products
- Assist in the development and updating of fitting instructions and technical bulletins
- Maintain and keep efficient stock for field service activities
- Maintain good workshop/company vehicle house-keeping
- Complete all job cards on our internal system in a timely manner, providing a detailed summary of work performed, and parts used
- Attention to detail and consistent quality in all stages of work and reporting
- Assist in warranty evaluation process
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be learning the skills knowledge and behaviours to achieve the Prototype/Design pathway within the Level 3 Engineering Technician;
Engineering technician / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
This will be delivered as 3 days in College (during term time) and then the remainder of the working week will be in the workplace. The hours will be 9am - 4pm during College days and then the workplace setting hours will be 8.30 am to 5pm (half hour unpaid unpaid lunch.)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship we would look to fully employ the candidate, as a Product Technician.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
FEATHER BED LANE
SHREWSBURY COLLEGES GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.