Engineering Operative Level 2 Apprentice CHATSWORTH UK LTD
Engineering Operatives will carry out a range of engineering operations which include: Using and maintaining and operating machines Preparing materials and equipment The apprentice will be required to attend college one day a week where they will be learning the knowledge, skills and behaviors to successfully complete their course.
Closing date: 24 Mar 2023
Days and Shifts will be confirmed
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
08 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Engineering Operatives will have clear reporting lines with anything outside their role and responsibility. They will work individually or as part of a team to carry out a range of engineering operations which could include:
- Ensuring machines and equipment used are maintained and serviceable, dealing with breakdowns, restoring components and systems to serviceable condition by repair and replacement
- Operating a variety of machines (CNC or Conventional)
- Assembling and repairing machine and press tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and other tools.
- Fabrication/installation of a wide variety of other sheet fabrications and equipment
- Fabrication and assembly of metal parts joining techniques.
- Preparing materials and equipment for engineering processes, providing technical support including communications software, test tools, performance, capacity planning, and e-commerce technology as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Engineering (BTEC)
- This involves assignments as below:
- Health and Safety Within a Manufacturing Environment
- Communicating and Working Effectively Within a Manufacturing Environment
- Working Relationships and Individual Rights and Responsibilities
- Within a Manufacturing Environment
- Workplace Organisational Techniques
- Work-related Problem-solving Techniques
- Controlling Manufacturing Operations
- Handing Over and Concluding Manufacturing Operations
- Producing products by processing
- The apprentice will be required to attend Sandwell college one day a week throughout the duration of this apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Could apply for a full-time position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
CHATSWORTH UK LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.