L2 Adult Care Apprenticeship WENTWORTH COMMUNITY CARE LTD
Adult Care Workers are the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 2 qualification.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2023
Approx annual salary - see JD for further details
Days and Shifts are to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
28 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Wentworth Community Care was established in 2018 as a family run business 'because care begins at home'. Both owners have been management within our family run residential care home for the past 12 years giving us vast experience combined with a portfolio of qualifications. Wentworth Community Care are based in Wolverhampton and working within their community to ensure our service users are receiving the care packages they need to safely remain in the environments of their own home. We produce a person-centred care and support package that is implemented and delivered by our qualified community carers.
Wentworth Community Care will;
· Promote and support individuals' rights and choices.
· Promote independence.
· Maintain dignity.
· Promote anti-discriminatory practice.
· Maintain confidentiality and comply with general data protection regulations.
· Acknowledge individual personal beliefs and identity, promote equality and diversity.
· Contribute to the health, safety and security of individuals and their environment.
· We will make every effort to ensure that our community carers are conscientious and efficient within their roles.
What will the apprentice be doing? ( ie jobs/tasks)
- Understanding the job they have to do, their main tasks and responsibilities
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours
- The importance of communication
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm
- How to promote health and well-being for the individuals they support and work colleagues
- How to work professionally, including their own professional development
- Undertake the main tasks and responsibilities according to their job role
- Treat people with respect and dignity and honour their human rights
- Communicate clearly and responsibly
- Support individuals to remain safe from harm
- Champion health and well-being for the individuals they support and for work colleagues
- Work professionally and seek to develop their own professional development
- Support individuals they are working with according to their personal care/support plan
- Ask for help from an appropriate person when not confident or skilled in any aspect of their role
- Provide individuals with information to enable them to have a choice about the way they are supported
- Encourage individuals to participate in the way their care and support is delivered
- Ensure the individual knows what they are agreeing to regarding the way in which they are supported
- Contribute to the on-going development of care/support plans for the individual they support
- Support individuals with cognitive, physical or sensory impairments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Adult care worker level 2 qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship provides an ideal entry into the occupation and supports progression within the sector. Permanent role within organisation
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WENTWORTH COMMUNITY CARE LTD
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.