Engineering Maintenance Apprentice SWIZZELS MATLOW LIMITED
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as an apprentice engineer where you will gain your qualifications with Macclesfield College and work alongside our team of experienced engineers. You will study towards your Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Qualifications and work closely in a team. Designing, building, servicing and repairing a range of engineering products and services.
Closing date: 27 Jun 2023
Wage range £12,000 to £20,000 (depending on age)
Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4pm Friday 7.30am to 12pm
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
24 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an engineering apprentice, you'll be required to maintain complex equipment and ensure that high standards are adhered to for safety, manufacturing quality and documentation.
Under supervision the role holder will work on:
- Electrical and / or mechanical planned, unplanned maintenance, and process automation support activities
- Performing unplanned equipment repairs and complete planned maintenance activities as per the schedule
- Trouble shooting problems in the event of mechanical and / or electrical failure of equipment and must be able to recommend parts needed for the effective repair of equipment to deliver a timely response to support manufacturing.
- Working on a variety of machinery from robot pickers, electronic guided trucks, check weigher, metal check, multi head weigher to older style machinery
- Both reactive and preventative maintenance of machines
- Project work
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full time positions within the business and have the option for further learning on to higher levels.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/B+) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SWIZZELS MATLOW LIMITED
Maxim Business Training
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.