L2 Engineering Operative Apprentice HADLEY INDUSTRIES PLC
To acquire the skills, knowledge and competence to operate at semi-skilled or skilled operator status to carry out a range of engineering and manufacturing processes within the cold rolling environment, meeting health, safety, environmental and quality standards.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2023
Approx Annual Salary
Days and shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working towards a L2 Engineering Operative qaulification, you will be with the employer (Hadley Group LTD) 4 days a week and attend Sandwell College 1 day a week.
- Make full use of the training placement available within Hadley Group Technology
- Gain relevant skills and job knowledge through the apprenticeship training scheme
- Achieve relevant training qualifications for future job role
- Attend regular training progress review meetings with Managers and Trainers
- Attend day release college courses to achieve relevant technical certificates relating to apprentice job role
- Record job reports for allocated placement and complete training checklists for future reference in the log book/portfolio
- Promote good health and safety within every training placement. Become capable in the use of a wide range of machine tools including, but not restricted to, conventional and CNC turning and milling, grinding and drilling
- Carry out any other duties within the capability of the job holder
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The employer and training provider will use the mandatory Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (competence) and Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Operations (knowledge) within the Engineering Operative Standard to develop a training plan to ensure that the apprentice receives the appropriate level of knowledge and skills to advance to and successfully complete the Independent End-point Assessment.
Employer Gateway Review for Progression to Independent End-point Assessment Readiness for End- point Assessment (EPA) Before going forward for the EPA, the employer must be satisfied that the apprentice has:
- Satisfactorily completed training covering the skills, knowledge and behaviours as described in the standard
- Achieved all Mandatory qualifications - Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (competence) and Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Operations (knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full Time position in the company in and/or progression to L3, Toolmaker CNC Machinist Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer Machine Tool Fitter Controls Maintenance Engineer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HADLEY INDUSTRIES PLC
92 Downing Street
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.