Early Years Educator Apprentice JIGSAW ASH TREE FARM DAY NURSERY LTD
To assist in the care giving and education of Babies and children aged 3 months to 5 years, plus possible holiday club cover. Working closely with Managers, Governors, Parents and Pupils, plus the local community. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 10 Apr 2023
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Above minimum wage
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday - Friday, shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
24 Apr 2023
26 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist in the care giving and education of Babies and children aged 3 months to 5 years
- Plans and supervises child initiated and adult led activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child.
- Supports children to develop across all seven areas of development through games and play
- Has key person responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure and supported in their development
- Observes each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect their observations
- Meets the care needs of the individual child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine
- Works in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child
- Care and compassion - provide the very best childcare to every child every day combined with the ability to professionally challenge poor practice
- Being team-focused - work effectively with colleagues and other professionals and support the learning and development of others through mentoring and sharing of professional expertise and experience
- Honesty, trust and integrity - develop trust by working in a confidential, ethical and empathetic manner with a common sense and professional attitude
- Commitment to improving the outcomes for children through inspiration and child centred care and education
- Work in a non- discriminatory way, by being aware of differences and ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop and reach their potential
- Working practice take into account fundamental British values including democracy, the rule of the law, individual
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The candidate will follow a Level 3 Apprenticeship programme and study towards a full Early Years Practitioner standard for level 3
- This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College – South & West. If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 2 Functional Skill in the relevant subject
- Qualification assessed by college and a standard assessed by an awarding body
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible permanent role in the setting on completion of Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
JIGSAW ASH TREE FARM DAY NURSERY LTD
Jigsaw Ashtree Farm Day Nursery
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.