• Working with young children, encouraging them to develop their social awareness, learn about their environment through play while ensuring individuals needs are met while promoting their welfare. Duties include preparing exciting lessons that make use of visual prompts, audio and colour, teaching children basic learning tools, such as recognising numbers, shapes, colours or naming everyday objects and completing online observations of key children.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 31.5
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
22 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Encouraging young children to enjoy learning about their environment through play and activities
- Encouraging the development of social awareness through interactions with other children
- Preparing exciting lessons that make use of visual prompts, audio and colour
- Teaching children basic learning tools, such as recognising numbers, shapes, colours or naming everyday objects
- Ensuring that children are collected each day by their designated parents, relatives or carers
- Ensuring that classrooms and outside play areas are child-friendly and safe
- Keeping up to date with early years learning developments, including new activities to try in classes or new styles of teaching
- Completing online observations of key children
- Planning within the team for their designated classroom
- Notifying parents of positive progress and suggesting ways to overcome early development problems
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working towards completing Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship standard
- Work based learning to achieve Early Years Practitioner Qualification with occasional workshops at Hertford Regional College
- English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*- D (9 - 3)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
The Apprenticeship Team
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.