Toolmaker Apprentice Whiston Industries Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established engineering company as a Toolmaking Apprentice. You will receive excellent training in the workplace as well as working towards the Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
Closing date: 24 Apr 2023
Incremental wage reviews are possible throughout the apprenticeship in line with age and performance
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday 1/2 hr lunch
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
03 May 2023
20 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Bench fitting
- Cutting and shaping tools
- Working with 2D and 3D CAD drawings
- Setting and operating CNC machines
- Using manual machines such as lathes and millers
- Using measuring equipment such as verniers and micrometres
- Carrying out basic machine maintenance
- Adhering to Health and Safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will attend Sandwell College one day a week to work towards the Engineering Technician Standard, Machinist pathway.
You will achieve the following qualifications
- Level 2 Foundation Knowledge
- Level 2 Foundation Competence - Machining
- Level 3 Development Knowledge - Machining
- Level 3 Development Competence - Machining
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are further development opportunities available on succesful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Whiston Industries Ltd
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.