Health and Safety Apprentice PARKER HANNIFIN MANUFACTURING LIMITED
An apprenticeship at Parker offers you a perfect combination of on-the-job training, workplace responsibilities and academic classes. With a business perspective right from the beginning, you will become a valuable team member at Parker. As an apprentice your duties include, supporting the Division Manager in the role of the management of environmental, health, safety & energy matters at the Team Valley location.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
28 Feb 2023
08 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the Division Manager in the role of the management of environmental, health, safety & energy matters at the Team Valley location
- To support the location by leading and taking part in High Performance Team’s relating to environmental, health, safety & energy
- To support the health and safety leader in ensuring conformity at the location with legislation and other proposed requirements to continue compliance
- Maintain training records and arrange relevant training for location employees (existing and new employees). Systems maintenance and data management of health and safety documentation and audit requirements
- Assist with implementation of departmental and division improvement activities
- Support the accident / incident investigation process at the location, ensuring that effective corrective action is documented and coordinate timescales to ensure closure. Schedule dates for review according to the Standard Work for Incident Reporting, and ensure records are updated and maintained for all investigations and corrective actions in a timely manner
- Supporting the Division Manager to ensure that all data is captured and recorded for the corrective action process, which includes tracking and reporting, safety concerns, non -conformances, compliance findings and improvement objectives.
- Support Division workload during peak times, holidays and absence
- Promote and maintain health and safety within High Performance Teams development
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for feedback into the business
- Assist with preparation for health and safety meetings
- Assist the Division Manager in the maintenance and development of standard operating procedures and assist with the compilation of appropriate policies, procedures, programs and work practices to ensure that they meets their legal and corporate obligations and works within the environment, health & safety policy
- Administrative support for the division maintaining a high level of environmental, health, safety & energy awareness amongst employees visitors and contractors
- Coordinating the free flow of relevant environmental, health, safety & energy information to and from all levels within the location
- Assist on an administrative basis the day to day checks to ensure that the location meet the required environmental, health, safety & energy checks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day release to college over the duration of the apprenticeship, this also depends on existing qualifications as this may reduce the apprenticeship length
- You will be working towards level 3 Safety, Health and Environment Technician apprenticeship standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential full-time position available upon completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
Other IOSH Environmental (Grade Pass) Desired
Other IOSH Managing Safely (Grade Pass) Desired
Other NEBOSH Certificate (Grade Pass) Desired
About the employer
ZENITH PEOPLE LIMITED
Safety, health and environment technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.