Thompson's Plastering and Tiling are looking for a highly motivated individual to join their team as an apprentice plasterer. You will be learning all of the techniques involved in this profession and will eventually become a qualified plasterer. Duties will include carry out boarding, skimming and rendering, under supervision, undertake all work as directed etc.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
29 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role you will be working on New Build and Individual Client Projects learning how to produce high quality work. Some of the tasks that will be involved are as follows:
- Clear work areas and remove rubbish
- Carry in materials to job - Plasterboards, Plaster Bags
- Relevant preparation work
- Complete plastering schedules to any given area
- Carry out boarding, skimming and rendering
- Under supervision, undertake all work as directed
- Maintain, clean and store tools, equipment and vans
- Order, collect and take delivery of materials and equipment
- Management of health and safety
- Follow company policies, attend mandatory training for your apprenticeship with Redcar and Cleveland College
- Carry out any duty as reasonably requested
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Apprenticeship Standard Plasterer Level 2
- Includes End Point Assessment
- 1 day per week in term time – Redcar and Cleveland College workshop/class time delivery
- Functional Skills maths & English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Excellent career prospect to develop skills into sustained employment, further accredited training for the successful candidate who performs well and achieves maximum potential.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
About the employer
THOMPSONS PLASTERING & (TILING) LTD
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.