Nursery Practitioner Apprentice LITTLE NIGHTINGALES CHILDRENS DAY NURSERY LTD
You will be supporting children ranging from 3 months to 5 years old by providing a wide and varied range of activities on an individual and group basis. Ensuring routines are followed and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times, provide a high standard of health and hygiene etc.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2023
Wage can vary in accordance to age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
23 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensuring routines are being followed and run smoothly
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are being followed
- Being an excellent role model to the other staff in your room
- Understanding all policies and procedures of the nursery and being able to answer relevant questions from parents/carers/outside agencies (i.e., OFSTED)
- Welcoming all children and parents to the nursery and helping them settle (irrespective of their rooms)
- To provide a wide and varied range of activities for the children individually and as a group appropriate to their needs and developmental stage
- Laying out and setting up the nursery and storing away equipment appropriately
- Explaining activities to children and providing help if necessary
- To encourage the children with their language development and positive verbal response
- To organise creative activities and displays for the walls and help display the children’s work
- Maintain a clean and tidy nursery and garden area and ensure books, toys and equipment are clean and in good order
- Provide a high standard of health and hygiene
- Change nappies and encourage children with toilet training and personal hygiene
- Help children at mealtimes and then tidy and clear away afterwards- keep the children clean
- Act as a key person for a group of children as allocated by the management team, ensuring attachment theories are respected
- Have a sound knowledge of all the children in the setting and an excellent knowledge of your key children
- Filling in all the appropriate record keeping for your key child and ensure they are continually up to date
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Inform the management team of any concerns regarding the children, parents or other staff
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards completing Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard. Work based learning with ad hoc workshops at Hertford Regional College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-D (9-3)) Essential
About the employer
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
The Apprenticeship Team
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.