Horticulture and Landscaping Apprentice MILLSTONE LANDSCAPES LTD
Planting of shrubs, trees and native whips. Preparing soil using manual and mechanical means. Laying turf and seeding grass or wildflower areas. Maintaining shrubs, trees, whips, turf and seeded areas in line with good horticultural practice.
Closing date: 07 Jan 2023
Enhanced overtime rate, free parking and uniform provided
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
6 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working in a team of commercial landscapers specialising in projects from concept to completion. Throughout your apprenticeship you will be involved in all aspects of the business covering:
- Landscaping design and planning (including site surveys and drawings), build and maintenance
- Arboricultural services
- Soft landscaping: Soil preparation, turfing, seeding, planting
- Hard landscaping: Fencing, paving, pathways, decking, water features
- Environmental and conservation projects
You will attend Sparsholt college on a day release basis, you will learn about horticulture to include:
- Health & Safety
- Industry understanding
- Environment protection
- Plant identification and nomenclature - Latin and common
- Vegetation control
- Plant establishment and maintenance
- Plant growth
- Plant health
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Horticulture & Landscape Operative Standard
- Pa1 - Safe Handling of Pesticides
- Pa6 - Safe Application of Pesticides using handheld equipment.
- Emergency First Aid
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As your confidence and knowledge grows there will be opportunities to raise through the levels from landscaper to Site Supervisor, Project Manager or Operations Manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.