We are looking for someone with a passion for food that is excited about starting their career in a busy kitchen. You will be trained to prepare and cook everything on the menu and once your training has been completed you will running your own section of the kitchen.
Closing date: 09 Jan 2023
£7,503.60 to £14,820.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
10 Jan 2023
6 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintanin excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Production of items on the restaurants menu and the adaption of certain dishes to meet dietary requirements
- Working with other members of the team to get things done in a high pressure environment
- Learning about safety in the kitchen whilst on the job
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- At the end of your apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 2 Production Chef Standard
- This apprenticeship is in conjunction with City College Plymouth, and training will take place one day a week at the College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once your apprenticeship is complete there will be a position to stay on as sous chef and you will be required to work more evenings, as you progress during your apprenticeship your Friday prep shift
will become an evening shift. If you choose to stay on we will pay for level 2 food hygiene and safety certificate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.