If you are hardworking, determined, and enthusiastic about flooring, with a willingness to learn and eager to develop new skills, then this apprenticeship could be the ideal opportunity for you to start your career. J Rust and Son will provide full support with all aspects of the apprenticeship training.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
22 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will work in domestic and commercial buildings alongside an experienced worker to carry out preparation and installation works
You will be expected to assist with:
- Ensuring the vehicles have all the correct materials for the days work
- Measuring floor space and estimating the quantity of materials needed
- Uplifting and disposing of old flooring and materials
- Cleaning, levelling and preparing the sub-floor
- Installing underlays for a range of floorcoverings
- Installing various floorcoverings (carpet, luxury vinyl tiles, sheet resilient flooring) to industry standards
- Creating joins in a range of floor coverings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will achieve the Level 2 Floorlayer Apprenticeship Standard by attending CP Assessments Training Centre in Denaby Main, Doncaster to undertake 10 block-release training sessions (4 days), every 10 weeks
The successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both Maths and English if they have not achieved this prior or have an equivalent.
Apprentices will also get an Apprentice CSCS card which can be upgraded on completion of the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to start their career with a highly reputable and well-established company
- Progression within the organisation with more responsibility is expected on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- In time, you may wish to undertake further qualifications such as Occupational Work Supervision which can be studied at Level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CONSTRUCTION AND PLANT ASSESSMENTS LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.