Visionary Individual Pathways Ltd are looking for an apprentice helping with everyday tasks and rehabilitate young people into the community. The successful candidate will have a clear DBS and a passion to make a difference to young people.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
06 Feb 2023
25 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Discuss and help decide how identified needs will be addressed
- Implement strategies and support young people in self-esteem and confidence-building activities
- Help learners of all ages either on a one-to-one basis outside the classroom or within lessons
- Listen to learners and help them resolve a range of issues that are creating barriers to their learning
- Work alongside teachers and relevant professionals, such as educational psychologists and social services
- Set up activities for the day
- Organise drop-in 'offload' sessions, where learners can discuss issues
- Provide group activities such as anger management classes
- Maintain accurate records of young people
- Manage your own professional development through undertaking relevant training and sharing best practice with other
- Help with transition activities for learners moving to secondary schools or within the community
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Learning Mentor Apprenticeship Standard
- You will spend four days a week in the workplace and one day a week at Newcastle College for your 'study day'.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade C/4 or equivalent) Desired
About the employer
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
The Apprenticeship Hub
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.