Community Sport & Health Officer Apprentice THE APPRENTICESHIP WORKS LTD
Are you passionate about sport and physical activity? Do you love working with children to make a difference and impact on their learning and wellbeing? Can you be a positive role model to inspire and motivate children? Would you relish the opportunity to work alongside a friendly, supportive and hard-working team.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
Weekly Wage: £168.35 (this is monthly paid, pro rata) one hour unpaid lunch
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
14 Feb 2023
16 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will be employed to work under the direct instruction of teaching staff. In brief, the role will be likely to include the following:
- Carrying out an audit of PE, physical activity, sport and wellbeing related provision
- Use recognised tools such as Youth Sports Trust Active Schools Planner to develop a needs analysis and baseline data set for the school
- Working directly with pupils across all key stages
- Working collaboratively with a wide range of partner organisations
- Planning activity programmes
- Promotion of active lessons
- Educating pupils about healthy eating and healthy lifestyle choices
This is just a brief list of duties, full details will be given at interview.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Community Sport & Health Officer
16-20 months to complete.
Apprentices will engage with training that will develop and enhance their coaching skills and equip them to work in a variety of environments, with a range of stakeholders and work effectively in partnership with other organisations.
A unique opportunity for candidates to engage with training that will develop and enhance their classroom practice/teaching skills (with the opportunity to build up to HLTA level practice).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be supported in your personal development and provided with the underpinning knowledge, skills and experience for the following:
- Careers within the Sport Coaching industry
- Careers within the Education sector including Behaviour and
- Learning Mentors, Teaching Assistants and Primary Teaching
- Potential further employment with the employer
- Opportunity for further education
- Candidates successfully achieving this apprenticeship will be eligible to apply for membership with the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as a Practitioner
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ASPIRE TRAINING SOLUTIONS (UK) LIMITED
Community sport and health officer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.