Apprentice in retail bank branches. To assist the branch in meeting its sales objectives by delivering 1st class customer care to existing clients and by the acquisition, and retention of new clients by developing and strengthening new clients’ relationships.
Closing date: 23 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Feb 2023
07 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Delivers superior customer service
- Promptly handling all calls and emails received
- Fosters strong customer relations and actively promotes State Bank of India UK as the preferred provider of banking services
- Assist with cross selling products and services to existing clients, through regular telephone &/or face to face contact and on-going relationship building
- Fosters and maintains a welcoming, professional, and service oriented atmosphere within the banking hall
- To handle all postal service requests
- To prepare AML Risk Matrix and check lists for account opening
- Responsible for logging and maintenance of postal register
- Undertakes any other responsibility as delegated by the Area Branch Manager or so designated senior officer
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser apprenticeship standard.
The length of this apprenticeship is expected to be 12 - 24 months. For entry at this level, it would typically be 18-24 months, with progression from Level 2 being closer to 12 months.
The apprentice will complete an appropriate qualification/examination (as considered most relevant by the employer) from one of the following Professional Bodies:
- Chartered Banker Institute - Professional Banker Certificate; Professional Banker Diploma (optional modules include - Green & Sustainable Finance, Compliant Handling); Certificate in Complaint Handling; Certificate in Offshore Banking Practice
- Chartered Insurance Institute - Award in Retail Banking; Certificate in Financial Services; Certificate in Insurance; Award in Financial Administration; Group Risk
- Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment – Investment Operations Certificate
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance - Certificate in Retail and Digital Banking (CertRDB). (This qualification replaces the LIBF Certificate in Retail Banking & Conduct (CertRBCB). All new apprentices should take CertRDB. Any existing apprentices part way through their studies may complete CertRBCB
- Certificate in Business Banking and Conduct*; Certificate in Consumer Debt Collection; Certificate in Financial Administration and Planning; Certificate in Supervising in a Regulated Environment; Certificate for Specialists in Automotive Finance; Certificate in International Trade and Finance. (The LIBF qualifications “Award in Customer Complaints handling” and “Cert in Regulated Complaints Handling” are withdrawn – existing apprentices must have taken their exams by 1.5.2019)
- From 09.08.21, the Certificate in Business Banking and Conduct (CertBB&C) will be replaced with the Level 3 Certificate in Business Banking (CertBB). All new apprentices should take the Level 3 Certificate in Business Banking (CertBB). Any existing apprentices partway through their studies may complete the Level 3 Certificate in Business Banking and Conduct (CertBB&C) and will have the opportunity to complete their qualification within their 12-month registration window.
English and maths:
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL
Link to professional registration and progression:
This standard puts the apprentice on the pathway towards or allows them to apply for professional membership of the Chartered Banker Institute, the London Institute of Banking & Finance, the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment or the Chartered Insurance Institute, depending on which qualification is taken.
This apprenticeship could be an entry level role to the business or a progression from a lower-level role or apprenticeship, building on the knowledge and skills gained in that role or apprenticeship. On completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be fully competent in the role and can continue to develop their career within the organisation through a range of possible pathways. This could include moving into giving advice on regulated products e.g., mortgages, becoming a specialist in an area e.g., complaints, or continuing in a service role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Many apprentices are offered personal banker roles once they complete their apprenticeship depending on their performance.
There are many development opportunities within the Bank, all employees are eligible to apply for other roles within the Bank (any department) after 1 year of employment in their current role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Senior financial services customer adviser
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.