We are looking for enthusiastic, hard working individuals, interested in a career in early years to join our outstanding team. Your main responsibilities will be to ensure the highest standards of care, whilst supporting each individual child's learning & development, to ensure that they have the very best start in life.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2022
Pay rates subject to age & experience (£14,250k minimum) All staff are eligible for the following: Annual Performance Related Bonus Bi-monthly Attendance Bonus Long Service Awards Staff Member of the Month Interest-free loans Pension Scheme
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
01 Dec 2022
02 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Developing close relationships with the children in your care, to support their learning and development and individual needs
- Striving to create a safe and inviting learning environment for the children to enjoy
- following Juice Nursery policies and procedures, in line with EYFS & Ofsted expectations
- working in partnership with parents to ensure that children receive the best start in life
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our Childcare Apprentices work full time at Juice Nursery however are enrolled with South Trafford College to do an Early Years Educator, Level 3 qualification
- They are assigned a Tutor from the college, who will come in to the setting to meet with apprentices on a regular basis, to set assignments and carry out observations
- In addition to this, Childcare Apprentices are expected to complete mandatory training including Paediatric First Aid, Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and Child Protection
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once qualifications are achieved an apprentice will become a Childcare Worker
- With further training and experience, staff can progress through to Senior, and potentially Room Leader
- Additional training is provided to support individual's interests, such as enhanced Safeguarding training, SENCO, training related to working with a specific age group etc
- Staff are also supported if they would like to progress to higher level qualifications, Level 4 and above
- In addition to formal positions within the rooms, staff are also encouraged to take on additional 'Champion' roles, such as Wellbeing Champion, Communication Champion, Accident Prevention Champion etc with support provided should additional training be required in order for them to carry out such a role effectively
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE TRAFFORD COLLEGE GROUP
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.