Apprentice Teaching Assistant Pebble Brook Primary School
To support the teaching staff and learning support team in the development and education of pupils in accordance with the aims and policies of the school. You will gain a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2023
£8,754.20 to £17,290.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 3:30pm. Term time only.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
14 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist teaching staff in the delivery of learning activities and work prammes and undertake predetermined activities with pupils so that their intellectual and social development (including self-reliance and self-esteem) is fostered.
- Provide input into the planning and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils to enable the teaching staff to make informed decisions when developing their plans.
- Supervise the activities of individuals or groups of pupils both in and out of the classroom (including educational visits) to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical and emotional development in accordance with the school's behaviour management policy.
- Monitor individual pupil’s progress, achievements and development and report these to the teaching staff/line manager to inform decisions taken regarding the Individual Education Plan, Behaviour Plans and Personal Care Programmes for a pupil.
- Liaise with parents and carers in conjunction with the teaching staff to ensure effective communication concerning the pupils' well being.
- Record pupil information, as specified by the teaching staff/line manager to ensure that schools’ information systems are maintained.
- Attend to the personal, social and physical needs of pupils so that their well being is maintained.
- Prepare and maintain learning equipment and ensure that the classroom is kept clean and tidy.
- Display and present the pupils' work under the direction of teaching staff, so that it enhances the classroom environment and celebrates achievement
- Attend staff and other meetings and participate in staff training development work and staff reviews as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will follow a Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College – South & West. If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A*-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 2 Functional Skills in the relevant subjects.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Working as part of a learning support team in a school.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired
About the employer
Pebble Brook Primary School
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.