Have you got a keen interest in the field Electrical testing and Inspection? Do you want to work with one of the leading Electrical testing companies in the UK. And possibly even a full time job at Project Solver Ltd. This could be your first step to an exciting career as an Electrical testing Apprentice you will receive on the job training.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
05 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Apprentice Electrician for the roll of Electrical testing and inspection Engineer.
To learn to carry out a range of Electrical testing, Including:
- Electrical Installation Condition report
- Emergency Light Testing
- Thermal Imaging
- Portable appliance Testing and Data Analysis
This will also include:
- Repair and installation work, to Offices, Banks, Sporting Arenas, Corporate Headquarters, Public Sectors, Colleges, Universities, Distribution, Schools, Government and Commercial Outlets
- To carry out work to a high standard and ensure it is carried out in strict compliance with the Health and Safety at work act, and any other relevant legislation covering safety in the workplace for self and others
- To Learn to complete all necessary paperwork and NICEIC records to current legislative standards, to prevailing performance standards and in line with Project Solvers Procedures
- To attend college and complete coursework on time and to a high standard
- To produce, Maintain and be responsible for work details to document experience
- To Take on additional responsibilities in years two and three
- To carry out all necessary administrative work associated with departmental management requirements such as using PC or
- Laptop to accurately and timely record all processes from receiving jobs through to completion including timesheets
- To liaise and work with other trades and apprentices as required
- To understand and comply with all Health and safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in regular training and reviews with mentor and line managers
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The training will be a mix of practical learning and theory covering things like:
- Health and Safety legislation
- Environmental legislation
- Practices and procedures for overseeing and organising the work environment
- Cable termination
- Inspection and testing
- Fault finding
- Electrical principles
- Functional Skills
- Candidates will be required to achieve the Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification, (Installation) or (Maintenance).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the chance of progression, also further training will be provided, With a good chance of a permanent post at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/Level 4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Electrical, electronic product service and installation engineer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.