Maintenance And Engineering Apprentice EAST MIDLAND PHARMA LTD
East Midlands Pharma are looking for an Engineering and Maintenance Apprentice to join their growing team. The purpose of the role is to specifically support the Site Maintenance Engineer and the operational function through the regular checking, repairing and servicing of machinery, equipment, systems and building infrastructure on site.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
03 Dec 2023
03 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The individual will be working alongside the site Maintenance and Engineering Manager supporting with a variety of tasks and activities in a business that continues to invest in machinery and technology, the apprentice's role will include but limited to:
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance (PPM)
- Responding to breakdowns
- Diagnosing faults and repairing equipment
- Ensuring that operators / users of equipment are using it correctly and to its maximum efficiency and capability
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures, or fittings
- Completing and maintaining records
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation
- Creating maintenance procedures as well as completing and undertaking procedures and checks
- Managing stocks of supplies and equipment
- Maintaining the physical building infrastructure and facilities management of the site
- Support and collaborate closely with different areas of the business as might be required
- To role model company behaviours, to lead by positive example and support and nurture a positive working environment and overall business culture
- Liaise with 3rd party contractors and suppliers
- The successful applicant will also need to provide support at our Manufacturing site in Ilkeston (Derbyshire)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician
- L2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills)
- L3 BTEC Award in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Knowledge Assessment - Standardised scenario based knowledge assessment consisting of multiple choice questions to enable apprentices to demonstrate core technical knowledge
- Practical observation - to assess the Apprentice’s application of skills within the Apprentice’s place of work or in a suitable environment away from the workplace (e.g. In a centre approved by the EPAO)
- Professional discussion - to holistically assess KSBs across the standard and will be informed by reflective portfolio
Currently delivered one day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of the apprenticeship, the opportunity for a full time role and further qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.