Apprentice Administrator within a GP Practice Bilsthorpe Surgery
Are you looking to start a career in a busy but friendly GP Practice? If you are willing to work hard and learn on the job, this could be the ideal position for you.
Closing date: 15 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
31 Jan 2023
22 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your main role will be to assist the administration team ensuring processes run smoothly.
• Assisting the administration team with general tasks including filing, scanning, photocopying of notes, preparation of files, post room functions
• Assisting with the administration and patient enquiries for the community dermatology service.
• Answering the telephone and dealing with enquiries
• Inputting data into spreadsheets
• Working with MS Packages for mailshots/mergers etc.
• Keeping on top of stock levels and re-ordering in a timely fashion
• Maintenance of the chronic disease register which will involve patient contact via telephone to book appointments
• Assisting when required on the main reception desk
• Scanning and Filing
• Monitoring emails
• As you progress throughout your apprenticeship your duties will evolve to aid your development of record and document production, decision making, interpersonal skills, planning and organisation and increase your knowledge of the organisation, its policies, processes, regulators and stakeholders.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This is a work-based programme which means that all of your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours. We host supporting workshops regularly throughout the apprenticeship which you can attend in person at our Derby Road campus or virtually via Microsoft Teams.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of this level 3 apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to progress within your role at the practice or you may wish to specialise in an area such as HR, purchasing or project management etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.