Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Downshall Primary School
Downshall Primary School in Ilford, Essex are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant Apprentice. You will be required to support the teacher, lead games, help pupils to learn how to manage their playtime successfully and supervise pupils during the lunch hour.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
The number of working weeks per year for this vacancy is 44.26. Therefore the yearly salary is pro-rata and the actual salary will be £7,745.50.
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
23 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties may vary but you will be required to:
- Teach small groups (under the direction of the Teacher).
- Support groups of children within the classroom as directed by the Phase Leader or Class Teacher.
- Keep records on the children you support.
- Liaise with the Phase Leader, class Teacher, parents and other agencies when necessary.
- Deliver programmes of study appropriate to the needs of individual/ groups of pupils.
- Work as part of a team to support the emotional, academic and social needs of individual/groups of pupils.
- Be flexible and supportive.
- Carry out other support duties required by the Headteacher.
- Support pupils with their learning whilst the teacher is teaching or leading a group.
- Enable the class or groups to continue their learning by answering their questions whilst the Teacher is teaching a group.
- Answering pupils questions and reassuring and supporting pupils throughout the day.
- Ensure the pupils in your care are safe and supervised during the lunch hour.
- Lead games for groups of pupils during the lunch hour.
- Help pupils to resolve difficulties in the playground and teach them how to manage their playtimes successfully.
Supporting the Class Teacher:
- Take the class register, read a story to the class or collaborate in shared teaching time under the direction of the Teacher.
- Helping to set out equipment for lessons.
- Investigating a pupils absence.
- Bulk photocopying.
- Simple word processing.
- Filing of records.
- Preparing, setting up and taking down classroom displays in accordance with decisions taken by Teachers.
- Collating pupil reports.
- Making phone calls on behalf of Teachers and Subject Leaders.
- Ordering supplies and equipment.
- Cataloguing, preparing, issuing and maintaining materials and equipment and stocktaking the same.
- Supervise groups of children on educational visits.
- Organising and booking educational visits for pupils.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship.
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours.
- Day release to attend NCC Havering (RM11 2LL).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a full-time role upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9/4 or A/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW CITY COLLEGE
0330 135 9000
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.