Finance Apprentice Cheshire College South and West - Ellesmere Port
Cheshire College is looking to appoint a Level 2 Apprentice within our Finance department. The apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity to continually develop skills and knowledge whilst assisting in the provision of a quality support service for learners, visitors, customers and staff.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2022
£9,254.44 to £18,278.00
Benefits include 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and • Access to world-class facilities • Extensive upskilling opportunities • Onsite fitness and childcare facilities • Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
31 Oct 2022
16 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the Finance department
- Showing initiative in planning and organising allocated tasks
- Enter, retrieve and print data in a database
- Become an effective member of the Purchase Ledger team
- Provide excellent and effective customer service
- Communicate information in person in addition to using telephone, letter and e-mail
- Set up and maintain spreadsheets
- Photocopy, present and distribute complex documents
- Produce and distribute mail merge documents
- Prepare and print documents using information technology
- Record store and supply information using paper-based filing systems
- Respond to internal and external telephone enquiries
- Participate in College enrolment days, open days and other similar events
- Attend appropriate meetings, take notes and action recommendations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During your apprenticeship you will attend college once a week as a student, to achieve the professional accounts qualification, AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2). By the end of the apprenticehip it is expected that you will complete the Accounts / Finance Assistant Apprenticeship standard at level 2.
In addition to attending classes in college, you will also receive the suport of a vocationally competent assessor and a workplace mentor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Completion of this apprenticeship may lead to other opportunities in the college and to a long term career in accountancy.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.