To train in all areas of the Fabrication department and to be trained to carry out welding operations on fabricated and machined components using a variety of metals.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
06 Feb 2023
22 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist with building high quality metal components
- Reading & interpreting engineering drawings
- Attend customer visits as and when required
- React to customer breakdowns
- Assist with measuring, marking cutting & bending
- Set up metal work machinery including presses, cutters, brakes, shears & rollers
- Assist with Grinding & finishing to a high specification
- Carrying out all QA checks prior to despatch
- Working within Company H&S procedures
- Any ad-hoc responsibilities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full Level 3 Metal Fabricator apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model. This means that during term-time, your attendance is required at our Engineering Innovation Centre in NG17 where you will further your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This company is committed to providing ongoing training for its employees, to do this they use various training methods and funding streams.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.