Polwhele House is seeking an enthusiastic individual to be a part of their relaxed and friendly yard. This role requires someone who is committed, willing to work, positive and open minded.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
15 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Are you looking to build your career in the equine industry? Do you have a passion for working with horses and children? Polwhele Riding School is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join them as an Equine Apprentice.
Polwhele operate a friendly school, with excellent facilities offering riding lessons to children as young as three and opportunities to learn about horse care and management. They also have equine events for children to compete in dressage, show jumping and gymkhana as well as representing the school in external competitions.
They are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated apprentice who is interested in a career as a Riding Instructor. You will be a self-starter, reliable and conscientious.
Within this role tasks will include:
- Being involved in stable and field maintenance duties
- Exercising horses
- Schooling work - assistance with lead rein lessons etc
- Feeding and watering
- Grooming and rigging
- Health checks
- Stock control and maintenance of equipment
- Mucking out/ Cleaning the yard/ Bedding up
- Helping with the clients – you must be good with people of all ages.
- Showing, dressage and eventing
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career, learn lots of specialist skills and gain an apprenticeship qualification.
Weekly training will be provided and the candidate will need to have a DBS check.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- As part of this apprenticeship, you will need to achieve the Level 2 Equine Groom qualification, before undertaking the final End Point Assessment
- Assessor support will be provided in the workplace
- College attendance will be required at our Duchy College Stoke Climsland campus, so you will need to be able to get to this venue on a one day per week basis
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On Successful completion of your apprenticeship the right candidate will have the opportunity to become an integral part of the team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.