Opportunity for outgoing, friendly and proactive individual looking to start a career within hairdressing. Well established, distinguished and reputable salon offering an amazing opportunity within a professional and experienced team.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
06 Feb 2023
12 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Customer service and client relationships - engaging with all clients, asking questions and offering drinks
- Taking bookings for the salon and adding the correct information into stylists’ diaries
- Payments and re-bookings - taking payments by card and cash, using a till system and card machine
- Product selling / advice, learning about the products you are using and consulting your clients about them
- Being proactive and engaging - promotion of salon and treatments on social media when requested to by your mentor
- Clean and tidy the salon to maintain a professional appearance
- Prepare therapist areas - making sure you and your colleagues are ready for the first clients and the last clients of the day
- Working towards your required elements to complete your Level 2 Hair professional apprenticeship
- Attending day release at Revive salon West Nottinghamshire College
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Hair professional apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Derby Road, Mansfield campus. This attendance is required during term time only.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further development using the level 3 Hairdressing apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
About the employer
Tonic Hair Studio
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.