This is an exciting opportunity to work for Cameron Balloons where you will use twin and single-needle industrial sewing-machines to make hot-air balloons for flying passengers, sport, advertising, marketing and even for breaking world records and competitions! You will be joining a family team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
If 16-17years old £6.81 / hour If 18-20years old £8.83 / hour If 21-22years old & above £10.05/hour
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
30 Apr 2023
09 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Job Description and Main Duties:
- Excellent attention to detail – this is the most important skill.
Everything else taught in incremental stages
- To be able to take and follow instructions exactly and to be willing to be part of a team
- Good listening skills and being able to retain work practices and skill level
- Being prepared to complete carefully crafted training pieces and work items to agreed reasonable deadlines
- Consistent, regular attendance in a tidy and professional manner
- Cheerful and enthusiastic conduct
- Work flexibility; working on a number of a different tasks or working independently as required
- Being able to cope with physically busy and active work
- Some or total familiarity with industrial sewing machines is highly useful but good confident use of domestic sewing machines and a variety of fabrics is of greater importance at this stage
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
All training will take place within the workplace with a dedicated Assessor visiting on a regular basis to carry out reviews, observations and set coursework targets.
You will work towards the L2 Sewing Machinist Standard and this may also include maths and English Functional skills (though this is dependent on your GCSE grades or equivalent, and could be exempt).
You will have an e-portfolio for submitting your work and you must log your Off the Job Training on a daily basis.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Long term employment for the right candidate.
Opportunities for progression within the company – to work on internationally acclaimed projects and globally recognised special-shape hot-air balloons and other inflated products.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BRIDGWATER AND TAUNTON COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.