The Manor House Inn are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Commis Chef Apprentice. You will learn exciting new skills and expand on your knowledge and experience in the kitchen.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
26 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You would be working for an independent, family run, village pub who would like to bring an apprentice to their kitchen so that they can share their passion for food and provide an excellent training portal for the right applicant.
All kitchen duties are covered by all kitchen staff (including the dreaded washing up and cleaning down)!
Duties will include (not limited to):
- Food Preparation.
- Cooking all dishes on menu.
- Stock control/rotation.
- Working in a team and individually.
- All sections of the kitchen will be covered over time.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard.
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor.
- You will be required to attend Cornwall College St Austell on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the possibility of a permanent role for the right applicant upon successful completion of the full apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.