Office Administrator Apprentice Holy Cross Catholic Primary School
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School are looking for an apprentice to join our office team to provide a high-quality customer focused administrative service for senior leaders, staff, students, and parents. Within our Trust there are lots of opportunities to develop a career, we look forward to welcoming an Apprentice on board to train and progress.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2022
TERM TIME ONLY - The above wage is for full time. This role is £4.81 p/h for 35 hours per week for 39 weeks a year.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
12 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We would hope that we would be able to support the apprentice to complete the following tasks effectively and confidently by the end of their training programme.
· Provide general administrative support within the school office and for senior leaders and other teaching staff in the school.
· Open and distribute incoming mail, sending out outgoing mail and receiving deliveries at the main reception desk.
· Provide a reprographics service to staff and senior leaders.
· Answer, manage and direct all telephone calls to the school efficiently and effectively.
· Receive all visitors to the school appropriately ensuring they are aware of all H&S and safeguarding procedures.
· Dealing with challenging callers and visitors to the school and the handling of external complaints.
· Phone parents and carers to communicate messages from school.
· Assist with the processing of Purchase Orders, chasing delivery, receipting goods, following up queries with the supplier and communicating with school staff regarding their order.
· Maintain registers for dinner money, school trip payments and other school-based fundraising activity.
· Check registers for absentees and make first day response calls, ensuring records of all telephone calls made to parents/carers are kept.
· Ensure attendance registers are completed efficiently for each session.
· Maintain confidentiality concerning the student and/or family with all persons other than authorised persons or agencies.
· Be aware of the Data Protection Act and other legislation to ensure confidentiality of records and information is maintained.
· Process applications, both new intake and in-year transfers and input onto the database ensuring all relevant paperwork is in place, prompting parents for additional information where necessary.
· Ensure parents provide adequate information about new students and loading this information onto the school’s database.
Pupil Pastoral Care
· To be a trained First Aider and provide First Aid as required.
· To look after sick children – contacting parents and supervising the children until collected
Premises and H&S
· To deal with H&S issues that may arise during the day in the absence of the premises staff. Eg making hazards safe, calling in emergency contractors.
· To co-ordinate all after-school clubs, taking bookings and payments, producing registers, liaising with parents if late for pick up.
· To maintain the pupil database. To compile information and ensure it is current by making regular checks with parents/carers.
Perform any task or duty under the reasonable direction of the Headteacher.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
· Knowledge test
· Portfolio based interview
· Project presentation
· 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thurs AM)
· Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
· Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship would provide the experience needed to become an office manager within or outside of a school environment. It could also be a springboard for looking at a career as a business manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.