Private Early Years Day Nursery/childcare. Support the nursery to provide a happy secure environment in which each child can develop at his or her own pace. Guiding them towards the Early Learning Goals as defined in the EYFS, learning through play and planned topic themes.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
18 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be responsible for a group of children and parents/carers in your role as a keyworker to ensure all individual children's needs are met.
- Maintain detailed records of the children's day to day activities to ensure daily handovers can take place between practitioner and parent/carer. This is completed via an electronic online portal system.
- To provide a stimulating environment which fosters all areas of learning development under the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
- To be involved in setting out equipment and activities daily in a stimulating way in preparation for the start of the day and clearing away at the end of the day.
- To support and supervise the children indoors (including mealtimes) and outdoors during playtime and other activities.
- To work as part of the larger nursery team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required in order to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
- To encourage the holistic development of the children by providing appropriate activities and by setting good examples.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will achieve the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship after successfully completing their End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Attend college one day per week at our Havering Ardleigh Green campus and work the remaining four days per week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the apprenticeship programme has been successfully completed and achieved a full time contract can be offered.
Furthermore there is the opportunity to progress higher within the company and take on additional responsibilities such as keyholder, room leader or officer roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW CITY COLLEGE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.